In this retrospective you put the team along the yardstick of the five scrum values. How do the team members assess themselves on commitment, focus, openness, respect and courage?
- On a large flip chart or whiteboard, draw a spider web or starfish shape with five arms. For Pietje Precise: work in steps of 72 degrees
- Divide each axis into ten steps and number them from 1 to 10 (or as I did, a 5 and a 10)
- Then write the five scrum values for the five axes
- Give all team members their own color highlighter and let them plot themselves. How do they rate themselves?
- Then discuss the results in a plenary session. First let the team member speak for an explanation. The other team members can then respond to this. This often provides surprising insights.
Below is an example of how it looks when filled in by the team.
A variant of the Scrum Values retrospective is the Scrum Framework retro . It uses the same format.